Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp, ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, takuma(dot)hoshiai(at)gmail(dot)com, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com, alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date: 2020-09-17 00:42:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have nothing, I'm just reading starter papers and trying to learn a
> bit more about the concepts at this stage. I was thinking of
> reviewing some of the more mechanical parts of the patch set, though,
> like perhaps the transition table lifetime management, since I have
> worked on that area before.

Do you have comments on this part?

I am asking because these patch sets are now getting closer to
committable state in my opinion, and if there's someting wrong, it
should be fixed soon so that these patches are getting into the master
branch.

I think this feature has been long awaited by users and merging the
patches should be a benefit for them.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii