Re: A patch for get origin from commit_ts.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: "movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca" <movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca>
Cc: petr <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, simon <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Madan Kumar" <madankumar1993(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, craig <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, andres <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, soumyadeep2007 <soumyadeep2007(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: A patch for get origin from commit_ts.
Date: 2020-07-12 12:42:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 10:06:06AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Please note that I have switched the patch as ready for committer. So
> I'll try to get that done, with roident as attribute name. If
> somebody prefers a different name or has an objection, please feel
> free to chime in.

Hearing nothing, committed after fixing few things:
- The docs reversed <parameter> and <type>.
- The comment on top of GetLatestCommitTsData() mentioned "extra"
instead of "nodeid". Not an issue of this patch but I have just fixed
it.
- We could just have used memset for nulls when the data could not be
found in pg_xact_commit_timestamp_origin().
- Added some casts to Oid for the new ObjectIdGetDatum() calls.
- Changed the tests to not show numerical values for roident, checking
instead that the values are non-zero for the cases where we don't
expect a valid replication origin. For the valid cases, I have just
used a join with pg_replication_origin to grab roname. This makes the
tests more portable.

After applying the patch as of b1e48bb, longfin has also complained
that regression tests should prefix replication origins with
"regress_". This has been fixed with ea3e15d.
--
Michael