Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses
Date: 2020-07-06 04:11:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 03, 2020 at 12:34:39PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> No objections from me after skimming over the updated patchset. I still
> maintain that the format_operator_extended comment should be amended to include
> that it can return NULL and not alwatys palloced string, but that's it.

Okay, 0001 and 0002 are now committed. The same comment applies to
the procedure part, and I have noticed three more inconsistencies in
0002, the comments of format_procedure_extended had better match its
operator sibling, the new declarations in regproc.h still used
type_oid for the first argument, and the description of the flags
still referred to a type name for both routines. I am looking at
0003 with fresh eyes now, and I'll try to send a rebased version
shortly.
--
Michael