Re: Add tap test for --extra-float-digits option

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Dong Wook Lee <sh95119(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add tap test for --extra-float-digits option
Date: 2020-06-14 01:11:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 06:34:46PM +0900, Dong Wook Lee wrote:
> First of all, thank you for merging my patch.
> And I'm sorry, I should have been more careful about it. Next time I
> will follow format. And there is something I will tell you

We are all here to learn. It is good to begin with small
contributions to get a sense of how the project works, so I think that
you are doing well.

> Because many opensource hackers who interested in
> PostgreSQL project can want to keep a record of author info
> on commits they wrote. Otherwise, contribution records can not be found
> by 'git shortlog -sn' and GitHub and OpenHub cannot track their
> opensource contribution records...
>
> So what about using --author for PostgreSQL contributors
> when merging their patches? like the Linux Kernel project

That may be something to discuss with the project policy per-se. When
it comes to credit people, committers list authors, reviewers,
reporters, etc. directly in the commit log. And your name is
mentioned in 64725728, I made sure of it. The latest discussions we
had about the commit log format involved encouraging as much as
possible the use of a "Discussion" tag in commit logs, the rest
depends on each committer, and nobody uses --author.
--
Michael