Refactor compile-time assertion checks for C/C++

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Refactor compile-time assertion checks for C/C++
Date: 2020-02-04 08:15:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

As of [1], I have been playing with the compile time assertions that
we have for expressions, declarations and statements. And it happens
that it is visibly possible to consolidate the fallback
implementations for C and C++. Attached is the result of what I am
getting at. I am adding this patch to next CF. Thoughts are
welcome.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/201DD0641B056142AC8C6645EC1B5F62014B8E8030@SYD1217

Thanks,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Refactor-assertion-definitions-in-c.h.patch text/x-diff 2.8 KB