Re: Psql patch to show access methods info

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Psql patch to show access methods info
Date: 2020-01-21 22:37:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2020-Jan-21, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> c) it would be damn handy if \dAf (maybe \dAf+) lists the datatypes that
> each opfamily has opclasses for. Maybe make the output an array, like
> {int4,int8,numeric,...} Something like [*] but somehow make it
> prettier?

Sorry, I forgot to copy-edit my text here: I said "make it prettier",
but the query I submitted is already pretty enough ISTM; I had written
that comment when I only had the array_agg() version, but then I changed
it to string_agg() and that seems to have mostly done the trick. Maybe
improve the format_type() bit to omit the quotes, if possible, but that
doesn't seem a big deal.