Re: Berserk Autovacuum (let's save next Mandrill)

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Darafei Komяpa Praliaskouski <me(at)komzpa(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Michael Banck <mbanck(at)gmx(dot)net>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Berserk Autovacuum (let's save next Mandrill)
Date: 2020-01-07 18:05:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

This patch is currently in "needs review" state, but that seems quite
wrong - there's been a lot of discussions about how we might improve
behavior for append-only-tables, but IMO there's no clear consensus nor
a patch that we might review.

So I think this should be either "waiting on author" or maybe "rejected
with feedback". Is there any chance of getting a reviewable patch in the
current commitfest? If not, I propose to mark it as RWF.

I still hope we can improve this somehow in time for PG13. The policy is
not to allow new non-trivial patches in the last CF, but hopefully this
might be considered an old patch.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com