Re: cleanup & refactoring on reindexdb.c

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cleanup & refactoring on reindexdb.c
Date: 2019-05-13 03:09:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 11:16:28AM +0200, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> I attach two patches to fix both (it could be squashed in a single
> commit as both are straightforward), for upcoming v13.

Squashing both patches together makes the most sense in my opinion as
the same areas are reworked. I can notice that you have applied
pgindent, but the indentation got a bit messed up because the new enum
ReindexType is missing from typedefs.list.

I have reworked a bit your patch as per the attached, tweaking a
couple of places like reordering the elements in ReindexType,
reviewing the indentation, etc. At the end I can see more reasons to
use multiple switch/case points as if we add more options in the
future then we have more code paths to take care of. These would
unlikely get forgotten, but there is no point to take this risk
either, and that would simplify future patches. It is also possible
to group some types together when assigning the object name similarly
to what's on HEAD.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
reindex-refactor-v2.patch text/x-diff 8.6 KB