Re: Add pg_partition_root to get top-most parent of a partition tree

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add pg_partition_root to get top-most parent of a partition tree
Date: 2019-02-06 10:14:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 05:26:48PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> Some minor comments on v4:

Thanks for the review.

> +/*
> + * Perform several checks on a relation on which is extracted some
> + * information related to its partition tree.
>
> This is a bit unclear to me. How about:
>
> Checks if a given relation can be part of a partition tree

Done as suggested.

> Returns the top-most parent of the partition tree to which a given
> relation belongs, or NULL if it's not (or cannot be) part of any partition
> tree

Fine for me as well.

> Given that a couple (?) of other patches depend on this, maybe it'd be a
> good idea to proceed with this.

If you are happy with the version attached, I am fine to commit it. I
think that we have the right semantics and the right test coverage for
this patch.

> Sorry that I kept this hanging too long by not sending these
> comments sooner.

No problem, don't worry. There are many patches hanging around.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
partition-root-v5.patch text/x-diff 9.3 KB