Re: Libpq support to connect to standby server as priority

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: 'Haribabu Kommi' <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jing Wang <jingwangian(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Libpq support to connect to standby server as priority
Date: 2019-02-04 01:40:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 06:48:14AM +0000, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> That would be fine. But as I mentioned in another mail, I think
> "get read-only session" and "connect to standby" differ. So I find
> it better to separate parameters for those request;
> target_session_attr and target_server_type.

We've had plenty of discussions about this patch, and nothing really
got out of the crowd. For now I am marking the patch as returned with
feedback as it has been marked as waiting on author for two weeks now.
It may be worth continuing the discussion, still we need to come up
with an agreement first.
--
Michael