Re: minor fix in CancelVirtualTransaction

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: minor fix in CancelVirtualTransaction
Date: 2019-01-11 21:35:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-Jan-04, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Your reasoning seems correct to me.
>
> Maybe add a code comment along the lines of "once we have found the
> right ... we don't need to check the remaining ...".
>
> Or, you can make this even more clear by comparing the backendId
> directly with the proc entry:

I did both (the second idea was a non-obvious very nice cleanup --
thanks). Patch attached.

However, now I realize that this code is not covered at all, so I'll put
this patch to sleep until I write some test for it.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-fixup-CancelVirtualTransaction.patch text/x-diff 1.2 KB