Re: Augment every test postgresql.conf

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Augment every test postgresql.conf
Date: 2018-12-30 02:40:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 06:19:50PM -0800, Noah Misch wrote:
> "env EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS=--temp-config=SOMEFILE make check" appends the
> contents of SOMEFILE to the test cluster's postgresql.conf. I want a similar
> feature for TAP suites and other non-pg_regress suites. (My immediate use
> case is to raise authentication_timeout and wal_sender_timeout on my buildfarm
> animals, which sometimes fail at the defaults.) I'm thinking to do this by
> recognizing the PG_TEST_TEMP_CONFIG environment variable as a
> whitespace-separated list of file names for appending to postgresql.conf.

Looking more closely, we already have the TEMP_CONFIG variable and apply it to
everything except TAP suites. Closing that gap, as attached, is enough. The
buildfarm client uses TEMP_CONFIG to implement its extra_config setting, so
this will cause extra_config to start applying to TAP suites.

Attachment Content-Type Size
TEMP_CONFIG-tap-v1.patch text/x-diff 923 bytes