Re: Make description of heap records more talkative for flags

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, bossartn(at)amazon(dot)com
Subject: Re: Make description of heap records more talkative for flags
Date: 2018-11-10 00:11:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 04:23:57PM +0100, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> This thread is being inactive for quite some time. As far as I understand, the
> agreement was to add it in the PG12 commit cycle, so probably it's a good time
> to do so. Any plans about that?

This thread needed a new patch to answer to the previous comment from
Nathan, and it was not marked as waiting on author. Sorry I got
confused with the CF status and I have missed Nathan's update, which
mentions a good idea. So attached is an updated patch which adds "0x"
in front of each flag output.

I have committed the fix for the incorrect routine name in xlog_heapam.h
separately.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
waldump-hexa-flags-v2.patch text/x-diff 3.4 KB