Re: adding tab completions

From: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Edmund Horner <ejrh00(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: adding tab completions
Date: 2018-06-28 11:20:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you for the new version.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 03:10:51PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Thanks - I've done this in the attached. It works well for having minimal
> logic.

I think everthing is OK. But I didn't notice in previous version of the
patch that there is no braces in EXPLAIN and VACUUM conditions. I attached
diff file to show it.

Also I included TEXT, XML, JSON, YAML items for FORMAT option in the
diff file. The patch shows ",", ")", "ON", "OFF" for all options, but
FORMAT requires format type to be specified. Please consider this change
only as a suggestion.

> Thanks for your repeated reviews ; if this looks+works fine, please set to
> R-F-C.
>
> Actually..another thought: since toast tables may be VACUUM-ed, should I
> introduce Query_for_list_of_tpmt ?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure about toast tables and I'm not aware about
policy of completion toast tables.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company