Re: remove pg_class.relhaspkey

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: remove pg_class.relhaspkey
Date: 2018-03-14 05:47:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 01:52:56PM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> I agree with this sentiment - I don't think those flags are particularly
> helpful for client applications, and would vote +1 for removal.

OK, so I can see that we are moving to a consensus here.

> For the other flags we would probably need to test what impact would it
> have (e.g. table with no indexes, many indexes on other tables, and
> something calling get_relation_info a lot). But this patch proposes to
> remove only relhaspkey.

Yes, you are right here. Peter, would you do that within this commit
fest or not? As we are half-way through the commit fest, we could also
cut the apple in half and just remove relhaspkey for now as that's a
no-brainer. So I would suggest to just do the latter and consider this
patch as done.

Attached is a rebased patch, there were some conflicts in pg_class.h by
the way.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Remove-pg_class.relhaspkey.patch text/x-diff 9.8 KB