Re: Re: BUGFIX: standby disconnect can corrupt serialized reorder buffers

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Re: BUGFIX: standby disconnect can corrupt serialized reorder buffers
Date: 2018-03-06 21:42:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Craig Ringer wrote:

> Revised patch attached.
>
> I have _not_ rewritten to use sscanf yet. I'll do that next, so you can
> choose the fewer-changes patch for backpatching if desired.

Pushed, with a further change: it seems more sensible to centralize the
whole operation of building the path, rather than just the format
string, so I created a new function to do that. The code looks cleaner
IMO this way IMO. All tests pass in all branches.

BTW the way the XLogSegNoOffsetToRecPtr() et al macros were modified to
accept wal_segment_size at the end of the argument list, *after* the
output argument, seems pretty bad style.