Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods

From: Ildus Kurbangaliev <i(dot)kurbangaliev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ildar Musin <i(dot)musin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Date: 2017-11-28 13:29:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 18:20:12 +0100
Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> I guess the trick might be -DRANDOMIZE_ALLOCATED_MEMORY (I first tried
> without it, and it seemed working fine). If that's the case, I bet
> there is a palloc that should have been palloc0, or something like
> that.

Thanks, that was it. I've been able to reproduce this bug. The attached
patch should fix this bug and I've also added recompression when
tuples moved to the relation with the compressed attribute.

--
---
Ildus Kurbangaliev

Attachment Content-Type Size
custom_compression_methods_v7.patch text/x-patch 260.0 KB