Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Make new crash restart test a bit more robust.

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Make new crash restart test a bit more robust.
Date: 2017-09-20 04:42:15
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 2017-09-19 19:00:38 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Given this fact pattern, I'll allow the case without a received error
> message in the recovery test. Objections?

Hearing none. Pushed.

While debugging this, I've also introduced a pump wrapper so that we now
get:
ok 4 - exactly one process killed with SIGQUIT
# aborting wait: program died
# stream contents: >>psql:<stdin>:9: WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
# DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
# HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
# psql:<stdin>:9: server closed the connection unexpectedly
# This probably means the server terminated abnormally
# before or while processing the request.
# psql:<stdin>:9: connection to server was lost
# <<
# pattern searched for: (?^m:MAYDAY: terminating connection because of crash of another server process)
not ok 5 - psql query died successfully after SIGQUIT

Greetings,

Andres Freund