Re: WITH clause in CREATE STATISTICS

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: WITH clause in CREATE STATISTICS
Date: 2017-05-03 17:27:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> In the meantime, I noticed that pg_dump support for extstats is not
> covered, which I'll go fix next.

Here I add one, which seems to work for me.

Considering that Stephen missed a terminating semicolon for test with
create_order 96 (the last one prior to my commit) in commit
31a8b77a9244, I propose that we change whatever is concatenating those
strings append a terminating semicolon.  (Surely we don't care about two
tests stanzas writing a single SQL command by omitting the semicolon
terminator.)

I wonder if there's any rationale to the create_order numbers.  Surely
we only care for objects that depend on others.