== PostgreSQL Weekly News - January 15 2017 ==

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - January 15 2017 ==
Date: 2017-01-16 04:45:39
Lists: pgsql-announce

== PostgreSQL Weekly News - January 15 2017 ==

== PostgreSQL Product News ==

postgresql-unit 2.0, an extension which implements a PostgreSQL datatype for SI
units, some non-SI units and bytes, released.
https://github.com/ChristophBerg/postgresql-unit

== PostgreSQL Jobs for January ==

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jobs/2017-01/

== PostgreSQL Local ==

PGConf India 2017 will be on March 2-3, 2017 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
http://pgconf.in/

PostgreSQL(at)SCaLE will take place on March 2-3, 2017, at Pasadena Convention
Center, as part of SCaLE 15X.
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/15x/

PgConf.Russia 2017 will take place on 15-17 March 2017 in Moscow.
https://pgconf.ru/en

PGDay Asia 2017 will be held March 17-18 in Singapore.
The CfP closes January 16, 2017.
http://tinyurl.com/pgDay-Asia-2017-Cfp

Nordic PGDay 2017 will be held in Stockholm, Sweden, at the Sheraton
Hotel, on March 21, 2017. The CfP is open until January 9, 2017.
https://2017.nordicpgday.org/cfp/

pgDay Paris 2017 will be held in Paris, France on March 23, 2017.
The CfP is open until January 9, 2017.
http://2017.pgday.paris/callforpapers/

PGConf US 2017 CfP will be on March 28-31 in Jersey City, New Jersey.
http://www.pgconf.us/2017/

PGCon 2017 will take place in Ottawa on 23-26 May. Proposals are due by
19 Jan 2017.
http://www.pgcon.org/2017/papers.php

== PostgreSQL in the News ==

PostgreSQL Weekly News is brought to you this week by David Fetter

Submit news and announcements by Sunday at 3:00pm Pacific time.
Please send English language ones to david(at)fetter(dot)org, German language
to pwn(at)pgug(dot)de, Italian language to pwn(at)itpug(dot)org(dot)

== Applied Patches ==

Magnus Hagander pushed:

- Use an enum instead of two bools to indicate wal inclusion in base backups.
This makes the code easier to read as it becomes more explicit what the
different allowed combinations really are. Suggested by Michael Paquier
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/534b6f3ef29a11d19deeef6cef3bc8d4984de3c8

- Fix some typos in comments. Masahiko Sawada
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/268f9e3d9292af1d6ca9aa66b42daac2ef1a0987

- Change default values for backup and replication parameters. This changes the
default values of the following parameters: wal_level = replica,
max_wal_senders = 10, max_replication_slots = 10, in order to make it possible
to make a backup and set up simple replication on the default settings,
without requiring a system restart. Discussion:
https://postgr.es/m/CABUevEy4PR_EAvZEzsbF5s+V0eEvw7shJ2t-AUwbHOjT+yRb3A@mail.gmail.com
Reviewed by Peter Eisentraut. Benchmark help from Tomas Vondra.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f6d6d2920d2cddc4b381cbbf2915db9d985d20a9

Tom Lane pushed:

- Expand the regression tests for PL/Tcl. This raises the test coverage (by
line count) in pltcl.c from about 70% to 86%. Karl Lehenbauer and Jim Nasby
https://postgr.es/m/92a1670d-21b6-8f03-9c13-e4fb2207ab7b@BlueTreble.com
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/961bed0208912a929a47c5a30190ff76748f3a03

- Fix error handling in pltcl_returnnext. We can't throw elog(ERROR) out of a
Tcl command procedure; we have to catch the error and return TCL_ERROR to the
Tcl interpreter. pltcl_returnnext failed to meet this requirement, so that
errors detected by pltcl_build_tuple_result or other functions called here led
to longjmp'ing out of the Tcl interpreter and thereby leaving it in a bad
state. Use the existing subtransaction support to prevent that. Oversight in
commit 26abb50c4, found more or less accidentally by the buildfarm thanks to
the tests added in 961bed020. Report:
https://postgr.es/m/30647.1483989734@sss.pgh.pa.us
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/8c5722948e831c1862a39da2bb5d793a6f2aabab

- Fix field order in struct catcache. Somebody failed to grasp the point of
having the #ifdef CATCACHE_STATS fields at the end of the struct. Put that
back the way it should be, and add a comment making it more explicit why it
should be that way.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e2117e4ab0d7fcb76f20cbf2e52541998d639d9e

- In PL/Tcl tests, don't choke if optional error fields are missing. This fixes
a portability issue introduced by commit 961bed020: with a compiler that
doesn't support PG_FUNCNAME_MACRO, the "funcname" field of errorCode won't be
provided, leading to a failure of the unset command. I added -nocomplain to
the unset commands for filename and lineno too, just in case, though I know of
no platform that wouldn't populate those fields. (BTW, -nocomplain is new in
Tcl 8.4, but fortunately we dropped support for pre-8.4 Tcl some time ago.)
Per buildfarm member pademelon.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5b29e6b688d1e783a098aa24f9e795f8de798a87

- Fix some more regression test row-order-instability issues. Commit 0563a3a8b
just introduced another instance of the same unsafe testing methodology that
appeared in 2ac3ef7a0, which I corrected in 257d81572. Robert/Amit, please
stop doing that. Also look through the rest of f0e44751d's test cases, and
correct some other queries with underdetermined ordering of results from the
system catalogs. These haven't failed in the buildfarm yet, but I don't have
any confidence in that staying true. Per multiple buildfarm members.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5ad966ab1c50e829462f2b3e3ffa59e2d95479e6

- Throw suitable error for COPY TO STDOUT/FROM STDIN in a SQL function. A
client copy can't work inside a function because the FE/BE wire protocol
doesn't support nesting of a COPY operation within query results. (Maybe it
could, but the protocol spec doesn't suggest that clients should support this,
and libpq for one certainly doesn't.) In most PLs, this prohibition is
enforced by spi.c, but SQL functions don't use SPI. A comparison of
_SPI_execute_plan() and init_execution_state() shows that rejecting client
COPY is the only discrepancy in what they allow, so there's no other similar
bugs. This is an astonishingly ancient oversight, so back-patch to all
supported branches. Report:
https://postgr.es/m/BY2PR05MB2309EABA3DEFA0143F50F0D593780@BY2PR05MB2309.namprd05.prod.outlook.com
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/75abb955dfef064f2fbc5c043f37fff8d0262ffe

- Change representation of statement lists, and add statement location info.
This patch makes several changes that improve the consistency of
representation of lists of statements. It's always been the case that the
output of parse analysis is a list of Query nodes, whatever the types of the
individual statements in the list. This patch brings similar consistency to
the outputs of raw parsing and planning steps: * The output of raw parsing is
now always a list of RawStmt nodes; the statement-type-dependent nodes are one
level down from that. * The output of pg_plan_queries() is now always a list
of PlannedStmt nodes, even for utility statements. In the case of a utility
statement, "planning" just consists of wrapping a CMD_UTILITY PlannedStmt
around the utility node. This list representation is now used in Portal and
CachedPlan plan lists, replacing the former convention of intermixing
PlannedStmts with bare utility-statement nodes. Now, every list of statements
has a consistent head-node type depending on how far along it is in
processing. This allows changing many places that formerly used generic "Node
*" pointers to use a more specific pointer type, thus reducing the number of
IsA() tests and casts needed, as well as improving code clarity. Also, the
post-parse-analysis representation of DECLARE CURSOR is changed so that it
looks more like EXPLAIN, PREPARE, etc. That is, the contained SELECT remains
a child of the DeclareCursorStmt rather than getting flipped around to be the
other way. It's now true for both Query and PlannedStmt that utilityStmt is
non-null if and only if commandType is CMD_UTILITY. That allows simplifying a
lot of places that were testing both fields. (I think some of those were just
defensive programming, but in many places, it was actually necessary to avoid
confusing DECLARE CURSOR with SELECT.) Because PlannedStmt carries a canSetTag
field, we're also able to get rid of some ad-hoc rules about how to
reconstruct canSetTag for a bare utility statement; specifically, the
assumption that a utility is canSetTag if and only if it's the only one in its
list. While I see no near-term need for relaxing that restriction, it's nice
to get rid of the ad-hocery. The API of ProcessUtility() is changed so that
what it's passed is the wrapper PlannedStmt not just the bare utility
statement. This will affect all users of ProcessUtility_hook, but the changes
are pretty trivial; see the affected contrib modules for examples of the
minimum change needed. (Most compilers should give pointer-type-mismatch
warnings for uncorrected code.) There's also a change in the API of
ExplainOneQuery_hook, to pass through cursorOptions instead of expecting hook
functions to know what to pick. This is needed because of the DECLARE CURSOR
changes, but really should have been done in 9.6; it's unlikely that any
extant hook functions know about using CURSOR_OPT_PARALLEL_OK. Finally, teach
gram.y to save statement boundary locations in RawStmt nodes, and pass those
through to Query and PlannedStmt nodes. This allows more intelligent handling
of cases where a source query string contains multiple statements. This patch
doesn't actually do anything with the information, but a follow-on patch will.
(Passing this information through cleanly is the true motivation for these
changes; while I think this is all good cleanup, it's unlikely we'd have
bothered without this end goal.) catversion bump because addition of location
fields to struct Query affects stored rules. This patch is by me, but it owes
a good deal to Fabien Coelho who did a lot of preliminary work on the problem,
and also reviewed the patch. Discussion:
https://postgr.es/m/alpine.DEB.2.20.1612200926310.29821@lancre
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/ab1f0c8225714aaa18d2f9ca4f80cd009f145421

- Teach contrib/pg_stat_statements to handle multi-statement commands better.
Make use of the statement boundary info added by commit ab1f0c822 to let
pg_stat_statements behave more sanely when multiple SQL queries are jammed
into one query string. It now records just the relevant part of the source
string, not the whole thing, for each individual query. Even when no
multi-statement strings are involved, users may notice small changes in the
output: leading and trailing whitespace and semicolons will be stripped from
statements, which did not happen before. Also, significantly expand
pg_stat_statements' regression test script. Fabien Coelho, reviewed by Craig
Ringer and Kyotaro Horiguchi, some mods by me Discussion:
https://postgr.es/m/alpine.DEB.2.20.1612200926310.29821@lancre
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/83f2061dd037477ec8479ee160367840e203a722

- Fix matching of boolean index columns to sort ordering. Normally, if we have
a WHERE clause like "indexcol = constant", the planner will figure out that
that index column can be ignored when determining whether the index has a
desired sort ordering. But this failed to work for boolean index columns,
because a condition like "boolcol = true" is canonicalized to just "boolcol"
which does not give rise to an EquivalenceClass. Add a check to allow the
same type of deduction to be made in this case too. Per a complaint from Dima
Pavlov. Arguably this is a bug, but given the limited impact and the small
number of complaints so far, I won't risk destabilizing plans in stable
branches by back-patching. Patch by me, reviewed by Michael Paquier
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/1788.1481605684@sss.pgh.pa.us
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0777f7a2e8e0a51f0f60cfe164d538bb459bf9f2

Álvaro Herrera pushed:

- BRIN revmap pages are not standard pages, and therefore we ought not to tell
XLogRegisterBuffer the opposite, when writing XLog for a brin update that
moves the index tuple to a different page. Otherwise, xlog insertion would
try to "compress the hole" when producing a full-page image for it; but since
we don't update pd_lower/upper, the hole covers the whole page. On WAL
replay, the revmap page becomes empty and so the entire portion of the index
is useless and needs to be recomputed. This is low-probability: a BRIN update
only moves an index tuple to a different page when the summary tuple is larger
than the existing one, which doesn't happen with fixed-width datatypes. Also,
the revmap page must be first after a checkpoint. Report and patch: Kuntal
Ghosh Bug is alleged to have detected by a WAL-consistency-checking tool.
https://postgr.es/m/CAGz5QCJ=00UQjScSEFbV=0qO5ShTZB9WWz_Fm7+Wd83zPs9Geg@mail.gmail.com
I posted a test case demonstrating the problem, but I'm refraining from adding
it to the test suite; if the WAL consistency tool makes it in, that will be a
better way to catch this from regressing. (We should definitely have someting
that causes not-same-page updates, though.)
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/7403561c0f6a8c62b79b6ddf0364ae6c01719068

- Fix ALTER TABLE / SET TYPE for irregular inheritance. If inherited tables
don't have exactly the same schema, the USING clause in an ALTER TABLE / SET
DATA TYPE misbehaves when applied to the children tables since commit
9550e8348b79. Starting with that commit, the attribute numbers in the USING
expression are fixed during parse analysis. This can lead to bogus errors
being reported during execution, such as: ERROR: attribute 2 has wrong type
DETAIL: Table has type smallint, but query expects integer. Since it
wouldn't do to revert to the original coding, we now apply a transformation to
map the attribute numbers to the correct ones for each child. Reported by
Justin Pryzby Analysis by Tom Lane; patch by me. Discussion:
https://postgr.es/m/20170102225618.GA10071@telsasoft.com
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/3957b58b8885441c8d03bc1cfc00e47cf8cd7975

- Fix overflow check in StringInfo; add missing casts. A few thinkos I
introduced in fa2fa9955280. Also, amend a similarly broken comment. Report
by Daniel Vérité. Authors: Daniel Vérité, Álvaro Herrera Discussion:
https://postgr.es/m/1706e85e-60d2-494e-8a64-9af1e1b2186e@manitou-mail.org
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/42f50cb8fa9848bbbc6776bcea03293a6b28b2d4

Stephen Frost pushed:

- Fix invalid-parallel-jobs error message. Including the program name twice is
not helpful: -> pg_dump -j -1 pg_dump: pg_dump: invalid number of parallel
jobs Correct by removing the progname from the exit_horribly() call used when
validating the number of parallel jobs. Noticed while testing various pg_dump
error cases. Back-patch to 9.3 where parallel pg_dump was added.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/2ef6fe9cbae9fe7789a35cbc5fa1bbf78c163d42

- pg_dump: Strict names with no matching schema. When using pg_dump
--strict-names and a schema pattern which doesn't match any schemas (eg:
--schema='nonexistant*'), we were incorrectly throwing an error claiming no
tables were found when, really, there were no schemas found: -> pg_dump
--strict-names --schema='nonexistant*' pg_dump: no matching tables were found
for pattern "nonexistant*" Fix that by changing the error message to say
'schemas' instead, since that is what we are actually complaining about.
Noticed while testing pg_dump error cases. Back-patch to 9.6 where
--strict-names and this error message were introduced.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/abfd0095c1e1a2e3fad2696516b64871895334ec

- pg_restore: Don't allow non-positive number of jobs. pg_restore will
currently accept invalid values for the number of parallel jobs to run (eg:
-1), unlike pg_dump which does check that the value provided is reasonable.
Worse, '-1' is actually a valid, independent, parameter (as an alias for
--single-transaction), leading to potentially completely unexpected results
from a command line such as: -> pg_restore -j -1 Where a user would get
neither parallel jobs nor a single-transaction. Add in validity checking of
the parallel jobs option, as we already have in pg_dump, before we try to open
up the archive. Also move the check that we haven't been asked to run more
parallel jobs than possible on Windows to the same place, so we do all the
option validity checking before opening the archive. Back-patch all the way,
though for 9.2 we're adding the Windows-specific check against
MAXIMUM_WAIT_OBJECTS as that check wasn't back-patched originally.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170110044815.GC18360%40tamriel.snowman.net
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e72059f3757594c5530ce321acdbe67f0da5da13

Robert Haas pushed:

- Improve coding in _hash_addovflpage. Instead of relying on the page contents
to know whether we have advanced from the primary bucket page to an overflow
page, track that explicitly. Amit Kapila, per a complaint by me.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e898437460f55b49623d1aea435cd92e0011d54d

- Fix incorrect function name in comment. Amit Langote
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/76568d37865c5c21ae154008b2c681e3e32ac880

- Fix cardinality estimates for parallel joins. For a partial path, the
cardinality estimate needs to reflect the number of rows we think each worker
will see, rather than the total number of rows; otherwise, costing will go
wrong. The previous coding got this completely wrong for parallel joins.
Unfortunately, this change may destabilize plans for users of 9.6 who have
enabled parallel query, but since 9.6 is still fairly new I'm hoping
expectations won't be too settled yet. Also, this is really a brown-paper-bag
bug, so leaving it unfixed for the entire lifetime of 9.6 seems unwise.
Related reports (whose import I initially failed to recognize) by Tomas Vondra
and Tom Lane. Discussion:
http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoaDxZ5z5Kw_oCQoymNxNoVaTCXzPaODcOuao=CzK8dMZw@mail.gmail.com
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0c2070cefa0e5d097b715c9a3b9b5499470019aa

- Fix a bug in how we generate partition constraints. Move the code for doing
parent attnos to child attnos mapping for Vars in partition constraint
expressions to a separate function map_partition_varattnos() and call it from
the appropriate places. Doing it in get_qual_from_partbound(), as is now,
would produce wrong result in certain multi-level partitioning cases, because
it only considers the current pair of parent-child relations. In certain
multi-level partitioning cases, attnums for the same key attribute(s) might
differ between various levels causing the same attribute to be numbered
differently in different instances of the Var corresponding to a given
attribute. With this commit, in generate_partition_qual(), we first generate
the the whole partition constraint (considering all levels of partitioning)
and then do the mapping, so that Vars in the final expression are numbered
according the leaf relation (to which it is supposed to apply). Amit Langote,
reviewed by me.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0563a3a8b59150bf3cc8b2b7077f684e0eaf8aff

Bruce Momjian pushed:

- pg_xlogdump: document --path behavior. The previous --path documentation and
--help output were wrong in both its meaning and the defaults. Reviewed-by:
Michael Paquier Backpatch-through: 9.6
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/73f8d7331343cefaaa97a0039421158fc8462c81

Peter Eisentraut pushed:

- Make whitespace consistent inside some script files. I don't know what the
global standard might be, but at least adjacent code should use the same
whitespace.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/da0dbea9c30e7c91e9e78d72ab3dbee77d7ca0cd

- Fix mistake in comment. The node->restart() function doesn't take a mode
argument.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/750c59d7ec573f9443af2eb7d9186946bc7e008c

- pg_upgrade: Fix for changed pg_ctl default stop mode. In 9.5, the default
pg_ctl stop mode was changed from "smart" to "fast". pg_upgrade still thought
the default mode was "smart" and only specified the mode when "fast" was asked
for. This results in using "fast" all the time. It's not clear what the
effect in practice is, but fix it nonetheless to restore the previous
behavior.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/7f5b043d69a83e44e22a6b42f902e3e268b80a24

- Updates to reflect that pg_ctl stop -m fast is the default. Various example
and test code used -m fast explicitly, but since it's the default, this can be
omitted now or should be replaced by a better example. pg_upgrade is not
touched, so it can continue to operate with older installations.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e574f15d6295b12c03ef8810c00976b65933711a

- pg_ctl: Change default to wait for all actions. The different actions in
pg_ctl had different defaults for -w and -W, mostly for historical reasons.
Most users will want the -w behavior, so make that the default. Remove the -w
option in most example and test code, so avoid confusion and reduce verbosity.
pg_upgrade is not touched, so it can continue to work with older
installations. Reviewed-by: Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>
Reviewed-by: Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy(at)gmail(dot)com>
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/05cd12ed5bc74c853a161c5a138a0cb6f9b0cb8a

== Pending Patches ==

Amul Sul sent in two more revisions of a patch to implement pg_background.

Dilip Kumar sent in four more revisions of a patch to implement parallel bitmap
heap scan.

Euler Taveira de Oliveira sent in another revision of a patch to move collation
import to the backend.

Anastasia Lubennikova and Erik Rijkers traded patches to implement covering +
unique indexes.

Takayuki Tsunakawa sent in another revision of a patch to support huge pages on
Windows.

Jon Nelson sent in another revision of a patch to guc-ify the formerly
hard-coded MAX_SEND_SIZE to max_wal_send.

Álvaro Herrera sent in another revision of a patch to help fix pg_dump and COPY
bugs around big lines.

David Fetter sent in three more revisions of a patch to add an extension that
disallows simple UPDATEs and DELETEs that lack any WHERE clause.

Álvaro Herrera sent in a patch to remove floats from the bootstrap scanner and
parser.

Antonin Houska sent in two revisions of a patch to implement grouped base
relation, which is infrastructure for distributed aggregation.

Vladimir Rusinov sent in four more revisions of a patch to rename things *xlog*
to things *wal*.

Keith Fiske and Amit Langote traded patches to fix up declarative partitioning.

Haribabu Kommi sent in another revision of a patch to add macaddr 64 bit
(EUI-64) datatype support.

Michaël Paquier sent in two more revisions of a patch to add compression-level
adjustment to pg_receivelog.

Kyotaro HORIGUCHI sent in another revision of a patch to implement radix trees
for character conversion.

Ashutosh Sharma sent in another revision of a patch to add microvacuum support
for hash indexes.

Pavel Stěhule sent in another revision of a patch to implement \gstore and
friends in psql.

Matheus de Oliveira sent in another revision of a patch to add ALTER DEFAULT
PRIVILEGES with GRANT/REVOKE ON SCHEMAS.

Rafia Sabih sent in two revisions of a patch to enable passing query string to
workers.

Jesper Pedersen and Ashutosh Sharma traded patches to add hash index support to
the pageinspect contrib extension.

Nikita Glukhovs sent in another revision of a patch to add a recursive version
of json_populate_record().

David Rowley sent in a patch to make connection_limit ignore bgworkers.

Peter Eisentraut sent in a patch to factor out the many copies of atooid.

Robert Haas sent in another revision of a patch to implement gather merge.

Etsuro Fujita sent in a patch to rearrange some function declarations for
correctness.

Pavel Stěhule sent in a patch to add some checks to PL/pgsql.

Fabien COELHO and Rafia Sabih traded patches to give pgbench a way to use
backslash as a continuation character.

Álvaro Herrera and Pavel Stěhule traded patches to implement xmltable().

Amit Kapila sent in another revision of a patch to add WAL logging for hash

Mithun Cy sent in another revision of a patch to cache hash index meta pages.

Etsuro Fujita sent in another revision of a patch to push more FULL JOINs down
to FDWs.

Ashutosh Bapat sent in a patch to remove an unused member root in
foreign_glob_cxt.

Dmitry Dolgov sent in another revision of a patch to implement generic type
subscripts.

Gilles Darold and Karl O. Pinc traded patches to implement pg_current_logfile().

Rafia Sabih sent in another revision of a patch to add parallel index-only scan.

Mithun Cy sent in a patch to fix a typo in a comment in hashsearch.c.

Ants Aasma sent in another revision of a patch to send hot standby feedback on
first connect.

Anastasia Lubennikova sent in a patch to implement IF NOT EXISTS option for
CREATE SERVER and CREATE USER MAPPING statements.

Amit Khandekar sent in a patch to prevent useless VACUUMs.

Peter Moser sent in another revision of a patch to implement temporal query
processing with range types.

Etsuro Fujita sent in another revision of a patch to fix a bug in the Postgres
FDW.

Amit Kapila sent in another revision of a patch to parallelize queries
containing subplans.

Petr Jelínek sent in two more revisions of a patch to implement logical
replication.