Re: [patch] psql tab completion for ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Gilles Darold <gilles(dot)darold(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [patch] psql tab completion for ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
Date: 2016-12-23 03:27:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gilles,

* Gilles Darold (gilles(dot)darold(at)dalibo(dot)com) wrote:
> Added to next commitfest. To explain more this patch, the completion of
> SQL command:
>
> ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE xxx [tab]

Here is a cleaned up patch for master and 9.6. Tomorrow I'll look into
what we can do for 9.5 and earlier, which are also wrong, but the code
is quite a bit different.

Note that beyond just changing the comments, I removed the alternative
spelling of 'role' when doing tab completion- there's no different
between 'role' and 'user', so there's no point in making the user have
to pick one when they're tab-completing. Of course, we still accept
both and if the user chooses to write out 'for user', we will handle
that correctly and continue the tab completion beyond that.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch-completion-alter-default-privileges_v2_master.diff text/x-diff 5.5 KB