BUG #14474: Issue with temp table creation and OIDs

From: jeffdafoe(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #14474: Issue with temp table creation and OIDs
Date: 2016-12-22 14:53:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 14474
Logged by: Jeff Dafoe
Email address: jeffdafoe(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
Operating system: Linux

We're in the process of upgrading from PG 9.3 to 9.6 . We've found that the
following works in 9.3 but does not work in 9.6 . It's not a big issue for
us, this is the simplest representation of the issue, we were able to work
around it in our actual case. I thought it best to report it in case others
encountered the issue.

create table test (id bigint) WITH (OIDS=FALSE);
create temporary table test_tmp (like test) WITH (OIDS=TRUE);
select oid, id from test_tmp;

In 9.3 this works, in 9.6 this generates a 'ERROR: column "oid" does not
exist' on the select statement.

Thanks,
Jeff (using PG since 6.5)