Time to drop old-style (V0) functions?

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Time to drop old-style (V0) functions?
Date: 2016-12-08 21:34:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'm wondering if it's not time for $subject:
- V0 causes confusion / weird crashes when PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 was
  forgotten
- They have us keep weird hacks around just for the sake of testing V0
- they actually cost performance, because we have to zero initialize Datums, even if
  the corresponding isnull marker is set.
- they allow to call arbitrary functions pretty easily

I don't see any reason to keep them around. If seriously doubt anybody
is using them seriously in anything but error.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Next:From: Karl O. PincDate: 2016-12-08 21:34:58