Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies
Date: 2016-09-08 18:35:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings!

* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> Based on Robert's suggestion and using Thom's verbiage, I've tested this
> out:
>
> CREATE POLICY pol ON tab AS [PERMISSIVE|RESTRICTIVE] ...
>
> and it appears to work fine with the grammar, etc.
>
> Unless there's other thoughts on this, I'll update the patch to reflect
> this grammar in a couple days.

Updated patch attached which uses the above approach, includes
some initial documentation, and has fixes for the tab completion,

I'm planning to add more documentation. Otherwise, testing and code
review would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stpehen

Attachment Content-Type Size
restrict_rls_v2.patch text/x-diff 52.3 KB