Re: IF (NOT) EXISTS in psql-completion

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: david(at)pgmasters(dot)net
Cc: pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com, peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IF (NOT) EXISTS in psql-completion
Date: 2016-03-29 06:43:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you Pavel, David.

Thank you for pointing syntaxes to be addressed. Most of the are
addressed in the attached patch.

At Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:57:27 -0400, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote in <56F17977(dot)8040503(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
> Hi Kyotaro,
>
> On 3/18/16 3:22 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>
> > I am looking this patch. It looks well, but this feature doesn't
> > respect upper or lower chars. It enforce upper chars. This is not
> > consistent with any other autocomplete.

As mentioned before, upper-lower problem is an existing
issue. The case of the words in a query result list cannot be
edited since it may contain words that should not be changed,
such as relation names. So we can address it only before issueing
a query but I haven't found simple way to do it.

> > I checked it against sql help and these statements doesn't work

Thank you very much.

> > alter foreign table hhhh drop column
> > drop cast
> > drop operator
> > drop transform -- missing autocomplete completely

These are not done. Each of them has issues to be addressed
before adding completion of IF EXISTS.

> > alter text search configuration jjj drop mapping
> > alter type hhh drop attribute
> > drop extension

Done.

> > drop text search

I don't see the syntax "drop text search [if exists]". drop text
search (configuration|dictionary|parser|template) are already
addressed.

> > drop user mapping

"drop user" was not completed with "mapping". I added it then
addressed this. (This might be another issue.)

> > alter table jjj add column

Done if it is mentioning DROP COLUMN. But new two macros
HeadMatches6 and 7 are introduced together.

> > create temp sequence
> > create sequence

DROP SEQUENCE is already completed with IF EXISTS. CREATE [TEMP]
SEQUENCE with IF NOT EXISTS is added.

> Do you have an idea of when you will have a new patch ready?

Sorry to to have been late. The attached is the revised version.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Suggest-IF-NOT-EXISTS-for-tab-completion-of-psql_v3.patch text/x-patch 44.7 KB