A better translation version of Chinese for psql/po/zh_CN.po file

From: "tenjindescend(at)gmail(dot)com" <tenjindescend(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A better translation version of Chinese for psql/po/zh_CN.po file
Date: 2015-02-20 04:22:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-translators

Hello all,
This is my first patch to postgreSQL, so I think I'd better start from a easy one.

I am a native Chinese speaker. A lot of words and expressions are different between mainsand Chinese and TaiWan/HongKong Chinese.

For instance TaiWan Chinese will use "档案" to represent "file", but in mainland Chinese we use "文件". Things like that make a huge difference in 'src/bin/psql/po/zh_CN.po', after check this file, I manually translate and modify the entire file to make it more native Chinese like, but I think there still have some space to improve.

If any of you think this version of translation is useful or have any question , please let me know.

Rugal Bernstein
Graduate Student @ University of Manitoba
Data Mining; Machine Learning; Neural Network

Attachment Content-Type Size
better-translation-of-psql-po.diff application/octet-stream 63.0 KB