Re: Parallel query execution

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parallel query execution
Date: 2013-01-16 13:38:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> In case you hadn't noticed, we've totally lost control of the CF
> process.

I concur.

> Quite aside from the lack of progress on closing CF3, major
> hackers who should know better are submitting significant new feature
> patches now, despite our agreement in Ottawa that nothing big would be
> accepted after CF3.

For my small part, it wasn't my intent to drop a contentious patch at
the end. I had felt it was pretty minor and relatively simple. My
arguments regarding the popen patch were simply that it didn't address
one of the use-cases that I was hoping to.

I'll hold off on working on the compressed transport for now in favor of
doing reviews and trying to help get 9.3 wrapped up.

Thanks,

Stephen