Formatting complaints

From: Andre Majorel <aym-2lqsgp(at)teaser(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Formatting complaints
Date: 2012-10-11 14:28:14
Lists: pgsql-docs
A few ways in which the formatting could be improved :

a) Not so much space between the bottom of the text and the page
   number. The page number could in fact go at the top with the
   chapter name. As it is, the wasted vertical space causes the
   text to shrink too much when printing 2-up.

b) Maybe less font size difference between text and headings.
   The text feels a little too small for the headings,
   especially 2-up. But it might get better if/when a) is done.

c) The courier font, apart from the being neither visually
   pleasing nor readable, has two major flaws : it is so thin
   that it almost disappears when shrunk and it is rather wide,
   making some lines dangerously close to being cut off. Any of
   the sans-serif vector fonts listed there would be an
   improvement :

     http://hivelogic.com/articles/top-10-programming-fonts

   I use Inconsolata and I'm happy with it :

     http://levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html

d) Too much space around the "Tip" paragraphs.

No idea how much control you have over these things but there
you go. Thank you.

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Fujii MasaoDate: 2012-10-24 14:54:42