Re: Windows ODBC and a Router obstacle?

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Joseph Doench" <jdoench(at)cinci(dot)rr(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Windows ODBC and a Router obstacle?
Date: 2011-03-09 00:41:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:25:31 pm Joseph Doench wrote:
> I see this in the PG log:
>
> unexpected EOF on client connection
> could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because the
> target machine actively refused it.
>
> JPD657

So Access/ODBC is getting out but the Postgres server cannot get back to the
Windows machine. First I do not use Windows much any more, so my suggestions
will be general. I would start by taking a look at the Windows Firewall program
and see if is blocking incoming connections for non standard ports. What sort of
router are we talking about, home type(Netgear,Linksys,etc) or enterprise type?
I have not a home type block returning data from an established connection,
mainly because they are fairly open.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com