Re: Understanding PG9.0 streaming replication feature

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Dan Birken <dan(at)thumbtack(dot)com>
Cc: Ben Carbery <ben(dot)carbery(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Understanding PG9.0 streaming replication feature
Date: 2011-01-27 00:55:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Dan Birken wrote:
> (I am not the OP, but recently went through the same thing so I'll chime in)
>
> Reading through the documentation now (albeit with a now pretty good
> understanding of how everything works), I think the main confusing thing is
> how different bits which apply to file-base log shipping, streaming
> replication and both of them are thrown together on this
> page<http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/warm-standby.html>,
> making it difficult to figure out what you need to know if you are just
> looking to implement streaming replication.

Nice idea to use color to highlight stuff. You are right that the
streaming docs were added later, and seem out of place.

I have applied the attached patch so the text is more fluid. Let me
know if you have additional suggestions.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/wal.diff text/x-diff 3.1 KB