Re: Concatenating several rows with a semicolon

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
To: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Concatenating several rows with a semicolon
Date: 2010-12-28 22:15:17
Lists: pgsql-general

> Hello Bill and others,
>
> I don't agree about yw being a bad thing
> since I have weekly raings in my app,
> but your XML suggestion -

Do as you like, but I'll bet my reputation that decision will become
an unnecessary limitation for the application at some point in the
future.

At the least, you have completely crippled PostgreSQL's powerful date
arithmetic abilities. You've also made it so that if you want to
combine results to produce monthly, quarterly, or yearly reports, that
you'll have some crazy regular expressioning going on.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com