Re: LLVM / clang

From: Gibheer <gibheer(at)zero-knowledge(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LLVM / clang
Date: 2010-06-30 18:10:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:49:40 -0400, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
wrote:

> For the record, here is a patch that would address these issues.
>
> At the moment, I'm waiting to get my hands on the new version 2.7 of
> clang to see if some of these issues have gone away.
>
> Considering that clang already helped us find one bug in the code, I
> think it's worth trying to make this work.

I tried your patch, but it is only working, when I set CLANG="yes". As
I'm not really an expert in makefiles, my first thought was, that it
should work, when I set CC="clang" or is it not possible to detect,
which compiler is used?