Re: [GENERAL] trouble with to_char('L')

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] trouble with to_char('L')
Date: 2010-04-24 23:03:28
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Takahiro Itagaki wrote:

> Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>
> > Revised patch attached. Please test it.
>
> I applied this version of the patch.
> Please check wheter the bug is fixed and any buildfarm failures.

Great. I have merged in my C comments into the code with the attached
patch so we remember why the code is setup as it is.

One thing I am confused about is that, for Win32, our numeric/monetary
handling sets lc_ctype to match numeric/monetary, while our time code in
the same file uses that method _and_ uses wcsftime() to return the value
in wide characters. So, why do we do both for time? Is there any value
to that?

Seems we should do the same for both numeric/monetary and time.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 7.6 KB