Multiple data base on same server

From: "elias ghanem" <e(dot)ghanem(at)acteos(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Multiple data base on same server
Date: 2010-02-26 09:37:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I'm using postgresql 8.4

I need to install multiple postgresql dbs on one server but I have some
questions:

-Is there any problems (performance wise or other) if I have 10 to 15 DBs on
the same server?

-Each DB needs 10 tablespaces, so if I create 10 different tablespaces for
each DB I will have 100 to 150 table space on the same server. So can this
also cause any problems?

Thanks