BUG #5201: insert select gives bogus error message

From: "" <anteusz(at)freemail(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5201: insert select gives bogus error message
Date: 2009-11-20 09:31:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5201
Logged by:
Email address: anteusz(at)freemail(dot)hu
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system: Kanotix, Debian based
Details:

Hi,

I have two tables.
table a, and table b.
table a inherits table b in create table.
table b had at least 10 fields.
I had a command insert into a select * from b;
I got an error message saying
that number of expressions/arguments is not ok.
This does not happen if I use "like" instead of inherit.