BUG #4860: Indexes gone after restore

From: "Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4860: Indexes gone after restore
Date: 2009-06-18 16:18:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4860
Logged by: Regina
Email address: robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov
PostgreSQL version: 8.4rc1
Operating system: Windows
Details:

This I think is an issue with prior versions as well, but was hoping it
would have been changed in this.

I'm not sure this is considered a bug, but it is annoying. I dumped a 8.2
using pg_dump 8.4 and restored using pg_restore 8.4. Using 8.2 makes no
difference.

If I have a functional index in place in a table in non-public schema that
uses a function in public schema, these indexes never get restored.

Something like

CREATE INDEX idx_the_geom_2249_parceltime_2008
ON assessing.parceltime_2008
USING gist
(st_transform(the_geom, 2249))
WHERE the_geom IS NOT NULL;

I always have to manually recreate these.

I think someone else on PostGIS group complained about this a while ago. I
think its because of the SET SCHEMA in the restore.

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2008-September/021393
.html