BUG #4756: Installationproblems

From: "" <mattiermold(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4756: Installationproblems
Date: 2009-04-11 11:17:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4756
Logged by:
Email address: mattiermold(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system: Windows xp
Details:

Failour during installationprocess

Data directory error

The PostgreSQL data directory must be on an NTFS formated voulme.

If you wish to install the data directory on another type of partition
(which is not recommended, and is unsupported) you must initialize the
database cluster manually by running intidb.exe

This is the Message. I need PostgreSQL and I am not able to install it
properly. I don`t have a useraccount or anything. Can you reccomend another
way of installing it or another file, because i downloaded a zip-file and
not an exe file?

Thanks for you help