Re: reloptions with a "namespace"

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: reloptions with a "namespace"
Date: 2009-01-14 15:15:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
> > I wasn't sure of the best place to add a check. I have added it to
> > transformRelOptions; I am not entirely comfortable with it, because it
> > works, but it still allows this:
> >
> IMHO it's the appropriate place.

I think the best place would be parseRelOptions. The problem is that
transformRelOptions does not apply any semantics to the values it's
parsing; it doesn't know about the relopt_kind for example. That stuff
is only known by parseRelOptions, but when the options reach that point,
they have already lost the namespace (due to transformRelOptions).

> > alvherre=# alter index f set (toast.fillfactor = 20);
> > ALTER INDEX
> >
> Maybe you need to add relopt_kind test in your validation code.

No clean way to do that :-(

Attachment Content-Type Size
reloptions-namespace-2.patch text/x-diff 41.3 KB