Re: Time to finalize patches for 8.4 beta

From: Gianni Ciolli <gianni(dot)ciolli(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to finalize patches for 8.4 beta
Date: 2009-01-11 10:44:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Josh,

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 05:12:27PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> -- On-Disk Bitmap Index (Gianni says new patch in a week.)

while we are still working on the issues raised on pgsql-hackers, at
this point it looks like that we will not be able to resolve all of
them in time for the 8.4 release; thus we prefer to withdraw the patch
from the current commitfest.

We will update the corresponding Wiki page as soon as possible,
although not immediately (I am experiencing some connectivity
problems).

Best regards,
Dr. Gianni Ciolli - 2ndQuadrant Italia
gianni(dot)ciolli(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it | www.2ndquadrant.it