Re: gcc _Decimal types & ecpg

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bosco Rama <postgres(at)boscorama(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gcc _Decimal types & ecpg
Date: 2008-12-14 12:26:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 09:22:03PM -0800, Bosco Rama wrote:
> I was wondering if ecpg from Postgresql 8.3.5 is able to handle the gcc4 _Decimal32,
> _Decimal64 & _Decimal128 intrinsic data types as transparently as the other types?
> Or do they just end up getting treated as simple C float/double?

To be honest I haven't heard/thought about these datatypes before. Could you
give me a pointer where to find more information? Are these types similar to
our decimal/numeric types?

The parser does not recognize these type keywords. So yes, atm they have to be treated
as float/double.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org