Re: deallocating prepared statements

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EHASZLA(at)transunion(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: deallocating prepared statements
Date: 2008-12-12 11:53:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

[Sorry, I seem to not have answered yet, I thought I had. ]

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:38:27AM -0600, Haszlakiewicz, Eric wrote:
> So why is preparing a statement in ecpg different from preparing one
> with libpq? Isn't the actual prepare done on the server?

The actual prepare yes, but there are internal ecpg structures involved too,
e.g. it needs the connection involved. Without getting the connection
information there is no way to deallocate the statement.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org