Re: SQL Status:42883

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL Status:42883
Date: 2008-12-01 19:18:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Andreas Junius <andreas(at)junius(dot)info> schrieb:

> Hi Postgres professionals,
>
> I hope someone is able to give some advice to the following matter:
>
> I created two plpgsql functions, which appear in pgAdminIII as
> expected. The first one works fine, it has only four arguments. The
> other one has 10 arguments and I have got the error
>
> FEHLER: Funktion md.insertuser(unknown, unknown, unknown, integer, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, integer, timestamp with time zone) existiert nicht
> SQL Status:42883
> Hinweis:Keine Funktion stimmt mit dem angegebenen Namen und den Argumenttypen überein. Sie müssen möglicherweise ausdrückliche Typumwandlungen hinzufügen.
> Zeichen:15

How do you call the function?

> Ok the message seems to be clear, I have to add some casts (why by the
> way, the other function didn't need any cast?)
>
> If I try it again, I'll get:
>
> FEHLER: Funktion md.insertuser(character varying, character varying, timestamp without time zone, integer, character varying, character varying, character varying, timestamp without time zone, integer, timestamp with time zone) existiert nicht
> SQL Status:42883
> Hinweis:Keine Funktion stimmt mit dem angegebenen Namen und den Argumenttypen überein. Sie müssen möglicherweise ausdrückliche Typumwandlungen hinzufügen.
> Zeichen:15

Wild guess: you are from germany? Me too, btw.

> I'm grateful for every tip!

Please show us, how do you call the function, and how do you define this
function.

Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°