BUG #4447: install failed to start; libintl3.dll was not found

From: "Jen McCann" <jen(dot)mccann(at)platespin(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4447: install failed to start; libintl3.dll was not found
Date: 2008-10-02 20:42:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4447
Logged by: Jen McCann
Email address: jen(dot)mccann(at)platespin(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.4
Operating system: Win2k3 server sp1
Details:

I have attempted to install postgreSQL 8.3.4. on my win2k3 server sp1
(enterprise edition) machine, and it has failed with the following error:

initdb.exe - Unable to Locate Component
this application has failed to start because libintl3.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application max fix this problem.

Note: the libintl3.dll was indeed present on in the PostgreSQL 8.3\bin
folder.

I have been able to install version 8.2 without issue.
However, the same issue was observed when attempting to install v8.3.3

I suspect this may be configuration dependent.
Computer:
Intel Pentium D CPU
3.00 GHz
2.99Ghz, 1.99 GB of RAM