Re: code coverage patch

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Michelle Caisse <Michelle(dot)Caisse(at)sun(dot)com>
Subject: Re: code coverage patch
Date: 2008-08-28 10:56:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michelle Caisse wrote:
> gcov gets confused when source files are generated. I eliminated
> src/backend/bootstrap and ../parser from coverage analysis to avoid
> errors of this type.

The problem with those files is that the source file contains lines like this:

#line 1042 "y.tab.c"

but that source file does not exist, as it is renamed to gram.c.

We could fix that in one of two ways:

1) Use bison's -o option to put the output file in the right place directly,
if we are dealing with bison (and don't bother to support code coverage
analysis with other yaccs), or

2) Run a pattern replacement across the grammar output files as their are
renamed.

Comments?