Re: Restoring Backup With OIDs As Primary Key

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restoring Backup With OIDs As Primary Key
Date: 2008-08-26 14:12:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 01:30:23PM +1000, Ben C wrote:

> Is there a way to increment the OID by changing a value in the system tables?

I don't think so, but I just tried creating a table in 8.3 with a
column named "oid", and it worked. Maybe you can load in your data
that way, so that you don't need to change your application. (I'd
test it a little more carefully for side effects than I just did, mind.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/