ocpgdb released

From: Andrew McNamara <andrewm(at)object-craft(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ocpgdb released
Date: 2008-08-07 03:10:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I've released my Python-PostgreSQL DB-API adapter "ocpgdb" on Google Code:

http://code.google.com/p/ocpgdb/

This adapter module differs from the other Py/PG adapters in that it
uses the binary PG protocol 3, which tends to make it somewhat faster
and (maybe) a little safer. Determining the specifics of the serialised
binary types took quite a bit of work - this might make the code of
interest to others attempting to use the binary protocol.

The adapter aims to code as little as possible in C, with the C code
forming a fairly thin wrapper around libpq. Serialisation is implemented
at the Python level (often with the help of the "struct" module) -
the result is surprisingly quick.

We have been using the module as it stands in several production
systems for about a year without problems. That said, there is little
documentation (things should mostly work according to PEP-249), and the
module does not implement some features commonly provided by other modules
(in particular, a "row dict", nor threading support).

http://www.object-craft.com.au/