Re: RFC: Grants

From: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFC: Grants
Date: 2008-08-05 01:53:12
Lists: pgus-general

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:07:20 -0700
Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> > Well I bounced it to the attorney just in case but I am pretty sure
> > it is not an issue. A 501c3 is subject to its members (similar to a
> > how a public for profit is subject to its share holders). Anyway
> > that point is moot until we get confirmation from the DWT which I
> > expect tomorrow.
>
> I was just thinking that members voting on something which is to the
> finanicial benefit of one of the members is probably not kosher.

If a committee member was up for the grant, I would expect that
the committee member would abstain from the vote. If it is not a
committee member that is up for the grant, I don't see how it is an
issue. Although we don't have that defined, so that is probably
something we should do.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake