Re: Update: Bylaws, 1023 new board member

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>, Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Update: Bylaws, 1023 new board member
Date: 2008-08-01 16:44:26
Lists: pgus-general

On Friday 01 August 2008 12:08:20 David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Aug 1, 2008, at 08:38, Joshua Drake wrote:
> > Lastly, to fill a Board vacancy Board of Selena Decklemann the
> > board has agreed to appoint PostgreSQL.Org Core member, Bruce Momjian.
>
> Say that again?

I don't think it was publicly announced, so for those unaware, Selena resigned
from her position of Board member with PGUS, for reasons that revolve around
time constraints and other commitments. My understanding is she plans to
continue her involvement with PGUS, just in a different capacity. (I don't
want to speak for her, but she is on vacation for three weeks and also
changing employers, so it might be some time before she can come back and set
the record straight). To that end, the Board has appointed Bruce as a
replacement for her.

Note, it happsn that I have talked with all of the parties (well, josh, bruce,
selena, and michael) involved in this in the past week, though not
neccessarily in a coherent fashion regarding this particular topic, so this
is my personal synopsis of what's going on, but I welcome any of them to
correct things if I've misspoken.

HTH

--
Robert Treat