Removal of the patches email list

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Removal of the patches email list
Date: 2008-06-26 22:51:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches pgsql-www

We have come to agreement that there is no longer a need for a separate
'patches' email list --- the size of patches isn't a significant issue
anymore, and tracking threads between the patches and hackers lists is
confusing.

I propose we close the patches list and tell everyone to start using
only the hackers list. This will require email server changes and web
site updates, and some people who are only subscribed to patches have to
figure out if they want to subscribe to hackers.

I have CC'ed hackers, patches, and www because this does affect all
those lists.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com