Re: Feedback on blog post about Replication Feature decision and its impact

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Dirk Riehle <dirk(at)riehle(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feedback on blog post about Replication Feature decision and its impact
Date: 2008-06-01 03:22:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On Saturday 31 May 2008 14:48:26 Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dirk,

> > database startup whose product builds on PostgreSQL. EnterpriseDB adds
> > many "enterprise-readiness" features to the basic PostgreSQL product,
> > including database replication, and much more.
>
> The replication-in-core vs. not-in-core has absolutely nothing to do with
> EnterpriseDB either way. I think you'd be doing a disservice to your
> readers by implying that it does. Or with the GPL. If you want to blog
> about these things, maybe break them up into seperate posts?

Adding any feature into core Postgres can have a ripple effect on
EnterpriseDB, so I don't see any reason not to discuss these issues. I'd be
more concern about the factual errors in the post (things like "core team of
seven committers") than exactly where the OP thinks the discussion should go.

--
Robert Treat